The benefits of digital x-rays for chiropractic care
Since August 2019, our x-rays facilities are all digital. Digital direct radiography (DR) produces images of outstanding quality. A flat panel detector directly converts the pattern of incident X–ray energy into electrical signals. Imaging plates, cassettes and X–ray scanners are no longer needed . The X–ray images are available for diagnosis immediately after exposure. The advantages are numerous:
- Use 70% less radiation than traditional film x-rays.
- Take less time to take and are easier to take than traditional film x-rays.
- Have better quality viewing capabilities than traditional film x-rays.
- Take the waiting out of the development process allowing us to see what is going on immediately.
- Prevent issues from going undetected and/or missed.
- Are easily stored on a computer.
- Can be easily transferred to your family doctor when referrals are needed.